Throughout the movement keep your head in a neutral position and your bottom leg slightly off the floor for stabilization. Do this in moderation as it can be extremely painful.
Place the foam roll on the ground and position yourself lying on top of it on your side. It should be placed just below your hip.
1. Roll from just below your hip down to your knee, you should be rolling on the side of your thigh and being sure to stay stabilized throughout the entire movement.
2. Once you find a tender spot hold that position for 30-60 seconds or until the pain alleviates by around 75%
3. Continue rolling looking for tender areas then switch sides
Muscle list doesn't inlucde "Abductors"
Transcript Summary: Preparation:
1. Move onto your side and lie on top of the foam roller. 2. Keep lower leg a little above the ground. 3. Make sure head is in a neutral position with your ears in line with the shoulders. 4. Start in moderation as this stretch can hurt.
1. Start just under the hip joint and move down the thigh around the knee area. 2. When you feel a tender area, stop, and keep the foam roller on that spot until the pain goes down by 50-75%.