• This exercise can be done in the gym.
• This exercise will strengthen the muscles in your back. Your core muscles will also be activated to hold keep your body aligned as you perform the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Adjust the cable until it is anchored at about chest height. Stand directly in front of the cable column with your feet about shoulder-width apart, and with the handle in the left hand. Your arm should be fully extended.
• Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips and knees are in line. Tighten your abdominals to support your back and spine, and draw your shoulder blades back and down.
• Step your left leg to the side so that your body turns about 90 degrees to the left. Your feet should be slightly more than shoulder-width apart. Simultaneously bend your left elbow and bring the handle to the left side of your chest, almost as if you’re drawing a bow. Your upper arm should be parallel to the ground.
• Make sure that your entire body remains aligned through the turn; you should not be rotating your trunk, but instead pivoting on your right foot.
• Return to the start position and repeat for the required number of repetitions before switching sides.