• This exercise can be done in the gym.
• This exercise will strengthen the muscles in your back.
• You’ll also be working your glutes and hamstrings as you perform the squat.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Adjust the band until it is anchored at about chest height. Stand directly in front of the band with your feet about shoulder-width apart, and with the handle in the left hand. Your arm should be fully extended.
• Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips and knees are in line. Tighten your abdominals to support your back and spine, and draw your shoulder blades back and down.
• Step your left leg to the side so that your body turns about 90 degrees to the left and drop into a squat. Your feet should be more than shoulder-width apart, and you should be careful not to let your knees go past your toes during the squat. Simultaneously bend your left elbow and bring the handle to the left side of your chest, almost as if you’re drawing a bow. Your upper arm should be parallel to the ground.
• Make sure that your head, shoulders, and hips remain aligned through the turn; you should not be rotating your trunk, but instead pivoting on your right foot.
• Return to the start position and repeat for the required number of repetitions before switching sides.