Single leg squat with band row
- Begin with a thorough warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the sensory system.
- Remember to stand tall throughout the exercise and keep your belly muscles tight by drawing the navel towards the spine.
How to Do:
- This movement involves a one legged squat combined with a bungee row.
- Start the exercise on one leg with the bungee cord in front.
- Perform a one legged squat (for description see Single Leg Squat in the exercise library).
- As you perform a squat and return to an upright position, perform a bungee row as shown.
- Perform the desired number of reps and switch legs.
Notes: Watch for excessive valgusing of the stance leg, excessive forward motion of the scapula, or rolling of the upper body. These may indicate that the exercise is too advanced and needs to be regressed.
- Inertia progressions - No weight to dumbbells to cables to tubing
- Movement progressions - Squat with touchdown to squat touchdown to overhead press.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.