Single leg crunch on ball
- Sit on the stability ball with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly roll down on the ball until it is in the low arch of the back. The knees should be bent at a near-right angle. Ensure that the toes point straight ahead.
- Cross both arms across the chest and focus the eyes on the ceiling. Balance here.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Suck in the tummy drawing the bellybutton toward the spine. Tuck the chin to the chest.
- Keeping feet planted firmly on the floor, slowly curl the spine forward and sit up on the ball.
- Slowly come back to the original position in one smooth, controlled move. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Concentrate all movement in the core muscles.
- Keep the legs activated but stable.
- Be sure have your feet flat on the floor throughout the exercise.
- Keep the chin tucked throughout the movement to protect it.
- If unable to maintain posture and balance, discontinue the exercise.
- Choose quality of the exercise over quantity.
Challenge Yourself Even Further:
- Position yourself on the stability ball as described in the Abdominal Crunch on Stability Ball exercise.
- Prior to performing the exercise, lift one leg off the floor and extend straight ahead.
- Balance in this position and then follow the remaining steps. Perform the exercise balancing on the opposite leg.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.