How to Do Abdominal Draw in Maneuver With Single Leg
The Abdominal Heel Draw-In should be attempted only by those who have no low-back, abdominal, or hip injuries and/or limitations.
Beginning Abdominal Drawing in Maneuver
1. Lie flat on your back. Your arms should be outstretched close to either side of the body with palms facing upward.
2. Bend the knees and pull the heels toward the buttocks. The knees should be bent at a right angle.
3. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button towards the spine. Hold this position throughout the exercise.
Abdominal Drawing in Maneuver Movement
1. Raise the left heel about an inch off the ground.
2. Keeping the back flat, slowly extend that leg straight out maintaining the same 1-inch distance from the floor, and hold for 3-5 seconds.
3. Slowly return the left leg to the starting position while still hovering at the same distance.
4. Repeat on the same leg several times maintaining perfect form. Switch to the right leg following these guidelines.
Abdominal Drawing in Maneuver Benefits
The Abdominal Heel Draw-In is a beginner exercise that teaches how to engage the CORE muscles to suck in the tummy.
This exercise makes the CORE stronger and more stable.
How To Do a Heel Draw-In, Heel Drawing-In, Ab Workouts