Alternating overhead shoulder press with resistance bands (speed)
- This exercise can be done either at home or in the gym.
- This exercise will strengthen your shoulder muscles. Your core muscles will also be activated to keep your torso stable as you perform the exercise.
- This exercise should be done quickly, and will help develop upper body power.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Choose a very light resistance band. Hold the handles and place your feet in the center of the band, about two feet apart.
- Make sure that your body is aligned, with your head, shoulders, hips, and knees in line. Tighten up your abdominals and bring the handles up to your shoulders with your palms facing forward.
- Shift your body from side-to-side in a very subtle movement. As you shift to one side, press the arm on that side straight up until your elbow is fully extended. As you shift to the other side, bring the extended arm back to the shoulder and simultaneously press up with the other arm. You’ll find that your hips will rock from side-to-side as your body moves.
- This should be a smooth and rhythmic movement.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.