How to Do Alternating Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension on Ball French Press
Each alternating dumbbell lying triceps extension on the ball french press should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this alternating dumbbell lying triceps extension on the ball french press.
Beginning Alternating Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension
1. Choose a stability ball that will allow you to sit on it with your feet flat on the ground, and your knees bent at about ninety degrees.
2. With a relatively light dumbbell in each hand, slowly lie back on the stability ball, and inch your feet forward until your head and shoulders are comfortably resting on the stability ball.
3. You should position yourself with your knees at a 90-degree angle and your feet planted on the ground. Your hips should be off the ball and aligned with the torso and knees. Your torso should be parallel to the ground.
4. Tighten up your abdominals and activate your hamstrings and glutes to support your back and spine, and to keep your hips in place. Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and raise your arms so that they extend in a straight line away from your torso and parallel to the ground. Your elbows should be fully extended, and the dumbbells should be directly over your shoulders.
Alternating Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Movement
1. A challenging variation would be to alternate your arms.
2. Bend your elbow to slowly lower the dumbbell toward your forehead. Pause when the dumbbell is approximately next to your ear, then extend your elbow to raise the dumbbell to the original start position. Now complete the same movement with your other arm.
3. Continue until you have completed all repetitions. Make sure that you keep your upper arms still and your elbows directly over the shoulders throughout the exercise. Your shoulders should not flare out to the sides. Make sure also that you don't drop your hips at any time during the exercise.
Alternating Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition. Your core and abdominal muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady on the stability ball.
How To Do Elbow Extensions on a Stability Ball, Prone Elbow Extensions on Exercise Ball, Dumbbell Elbow Extension Exercise