Stability ball back extension with rotation
- Be sure to maintain proper posture throughout the entire movement to prevent unneeded stress.
- Keep your shoulder blades retracted slightly; maintain good stability in your core during the entire movement and keep your spine in natural alignment.
- Do the rotation in a slow and controlled manner and avoid jerky movements.
How to Do:
- Kneel down on the floor slowly and lean your hips securely on the stability ball.
- Hug the stability ball with your hands on each side for extra support.
- Begin the exercise by first tightening your glutes, keeping your chin tucked for proper spine alignment and extend your back as illustrated below.
- As you are raising upwards, slowly rotate your body to one side until at the top of the movement.
- Lower slowly back into the starting position, making sure to keep the stability ball still the entire movement.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.