Swiss ball back extension throw-catch
- This exercise can be done at home or in the gym, as long as you have a partner.
- This exercise strengthens all the muscles in the back, especially the lower back.
- Your hamstrings, glutes, and core muscles will also be activated to keep your body aligned as you perform the exercise.
- This exercise mimics the functional movements in sports such as basketball.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Place the Stability Ball on the ground. With the Medicine Ball held in both hands, lie prone on the Exercise Ball with your abdomen on the dome of the ball. Extend your legs behind you, and tuck your toes under. Straighten up and make sure that your head, neck, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles are all aligned. Tighten your core, glutes and hamstrings to keep you balanced on the SB.
- Your arms should be fully extended, and hanging down from your shoulders. Bring your shoulders back and down, fold just a little bit at the hips and rotate your torso to one side. “Unwind” in the opposite direction, and simultaneously throw the ball to your partner.
- Stay with your torso to the same side as you wait for your partner to throw the ball back to you. Once you catch it, rotate back to center, and repeat the movement. Make sure that your head, shoulders and hips remain fully aligned throughout the rotation and “unwinding” motion.
- Repeat for the required number of repetitions before switching sides.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.