How to Do Dumbbell Stability Ball Chest Press Using Single Arm and Rotation
The dumbbell stability ball chest press using a single arm and rotation should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the dumbbell stability ball chest press using single arm and rotation.
Beginning Ball Chest Press
1. Throughout the exercise, keep your spine flat and avoid arching your low back.
2. The entire time, press your head, shoulders, and buttocks into the bench.
3. You can put your feet on a raised platform.
4. Throughout the exercise, keep your feet firmly planted on the floor or platform.
Ball Chest Press Movement
1. Lay back on a stability ball so that it rests on your shoulders and neck.
2. Engage your abs to help keep your body straight. Bend at the knees with both of your legs so that the soles of your feet rest flat on the ground. Your legs and feet should be about a foot apart from each other.
3. You will be performing a dumbbell press and rotation with one of your arms
4. Start off holding the dumbbell straight up in front of you so that your knuckles face the ceiling and your palm face away.
5. Slowly bring the dumbbell down and bend at the elbow so that it makes a 90 degree angle.
6. At the bottom of the press, the back of the arms should be in a straight line, parallel to the ground, with your palms both still facing away.
7. Press back up from this position while simultaneously reaching your arm to the opposing side of your body, dumbbell in hand.
8. Reach back to where your arm was and come down from the press.
9. Repeat for repetitions and then change arms with the dumbbells.
Ball Chest Press Benefits
The stability ball chest press works the shoulders, triceps, and chest muscles while also requiring you to engage your core. This exercise targets your chest more than the floor press because it allows your triceps and chest to move over a wider range of motion.
How To Do Stability Ball Press with Rotation, Single Arm Chest Press with Rotation, One Arm Chest Press.