How to Do Banded Glute Bridge
This exercise may be performed by any healthy exerciser with good flexibility in the hips.
Maintain perfect form throughout.
Do not arch the low back.
Be careful to keep the knees aligned.
To make this exercise more challenging, once the pelvis is lifted, lift the heels off the floor.
Lower the heels and then return the pelvis/hips to the starting position.
Beginning Banded Glute Bridge
1. Place the rubber tubing around the upper part of both thighs.
2. Lie down on the back with the knees bent and the soles of your feet planted on the floor. The feet should be shoulder-width apart and facing straight ahead.
3. Suck in the tummy, drawing the belly button towards the spine.
4. Keep both shoulders pressed firmly against the floor. The arms should lie along either side of the body with the palms facing upward.
5. Focus the eyes on the ceiling. Hold this posture throughout the exercise.
Banded Glute Bridge Movement
1. Squeeze the hips together and slowly lift them off the floor pushing toward the ceiling.
2. It should take 2 seconds to lift the hips. Hold in the lifted position for 2 seconds.
3. Take 4 seconds to lower the hips down to the floor. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Banded Glute Bridge Benefits
The Glute Bridge with a Thera-Band is a beginner exercise that increases strength and stability in the CORE, hips, thighs, and spine.