Benefits of the Exercise:
• This exercise can be performed at home or in the gym.
• This exercise will strengthen the muscles in your back.
How to Do the Exercise:
• Hold a DB in one hand, and place the opposite hand and knee on the bench. Make sure that your back is flat, and that your head, shoulders, and hips are in line. Tighten your abdominals to support your back and spine.
• Allow the DB to dangle directly under your shoulder with your arm fully extended. Your palm should be facing inward to your body.
• Pull your shoulder blades back and down, then drive your elbow back to bring the DB toward your chest. Slowly lower the DB back to the start position and repeat for the required number of repetitions before switching sides
• Ensure that your torso doesn’t twist at the top of the movement, and that your back doesn’t round or arch. You should be using your back muscles to row the weight up, rather than your arms to pull.