Dumbbell squat bicep curl with single arm
- Maintain good posture with shoulder blades back and down, and good stability throughout the belly.
- Begin with a thorough warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the sensory system.
How to Do:
- Start with the feet shoulder width apart, feet pointing straight ahead, and hands to the side (as shown).
- You may find that in time you will be "stronger" at this progression than a normal "standing bicep curl".
- Begin the movement with a squat - the weighted hand swings back slightly to "load".
- Accelerate through the squat and generate momentum.
- Using this momentum, add these forces into a 1 arm bicep curl (as shown).
- Simultaneously lower the weight while returning into a squat.
- Let this movement flow (in other words - let the leg drive transfer energy into the arm).
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.