How to Do Bicep Curl on Airex Pad With Single Leg
Each exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
You can increase the intensity of the exercise by alternating your arms instead of raising them both at the same time.
Another more challenging variation would be to complete all the repetitions with one arm, before working on the other arm.
You can also use cables or bands instead of dumbbells, and remove your shoes to challenge your balance more.
Beginning Bicep Curl
Choose dumbbells that you can lift ten times with proper form. Starting weights for dumbbells are 5 or 10 pounds per dumbbell. Start with 2 pounds if you're just getting started, recovering from an injury, or resuming exercise after a long period of inactivity.
Bicep Curl Movement
1. Place the Airex pad on the ground. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, and stand on the pad with your feet about a shoulder width apart.
2. Lift the spine and keep the head aligned with the shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles.
3. Keep your knees slightly bent, and look ahead.
4. Lift one foot off the Airex pad and hold it behind you, with your toes about two to three inches off the ground.
5. With your arms at your sides and your palms facing inwards, tighten your abdominals and draw your shoulder back and down.
6. Curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders and simultaneously rotate your forearm so that at the top of the biceps curl, your palm is facing in toward your shoulder. Make sure that your upper arms remain tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbows should not move forward or back, and should not flare out.
7. Lower the handle and repeat for the required number of repetitions.
Bicep Curl Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This exercise will strengthen the biceps muscles, which are in the front of the uppers arms.
You'll also activate your core muscles to keep you steady as you perform the exercise on the Airex pad and improve your stability and balance.
How To Do Bicep Curls on Airex Pad, Balance Bicep Curls, Airex Pad Exercises.