Bosu ball jump squats
- You can perform this exercise at home or in the gym, as long as you have access to a Bosu ball.
- Execute this exercise to help build and shape leg muscles. You’ll also be working on your balance and stability as you perform the exercise on the Bosu ball.
- Your core muscles will also be activated to help you keep your balance and hold you steady when performing the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Find the approximate center of the Bosu ball and stand on it with your feet hip-width apart. You’ll feel your calves and the small muscles in your feet working to hold you steady.
- Tighten your core muscles, and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are aligned. This will help with your balance.
- Once you feel steady, look ahead of you, and slowly fold at the waist, push your hips back, and sit back. Remember to keep your chest up. You can bring your arms forward to counter-balance as you sit back.
- Take a breath at the bottom of the squat, then push off with both legs and jump straight up. As you pop up, extend your hips so that your body is in a straight line. Land lightly with both feet on the same spot on the Bosu ball, if possible. Bend your knees as you land. Once you’re certain of your balance, straighten up. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
- Avoid the temptation to look down at your feet when you perform the exercise. Looking down will disrupt your balance and cause you to tip forward.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.