Forward box jump on single leg
- Improved speed and vertical jumping ability.
- Improved ability to absorb impact in the joints and land safely.
- No excessive tension in calves/back of lower leg.
- Should be able to dominate the jump with the thighs and calves, and not the lower back and arms.
- Should be able to perform a stable landing with two feet.
- Standing with feet shoulder-width apart straight in front of a plyometric/stepper box, chest high, shoulders back.
How to Do the Movement:
- Squat down while swinging arms back. Swing arms forward quickly and jump off both feet. Land on one foot on the box.
- Land on the ball of your foot with your toes straight, using your calf to stabilize the landing.
- Hold the landing in a bent knee position for 2 seconds, then repeat again on the same leg. When one leg is complete, switch feet.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.