Banded hip thrust on ball
- Place the rubber tubing around the upper part of both thighs.
- Lie down on the back with the knees bent and the soles of your feet planted on the floor. The feet should be shoulder-width apart and facing straight ahead.
- Suck in the tummy drawing the bellybutton towards the spine.
- Keep both shoulders pressed firmly against the floor. The arms should lie along either side of the body with the palms facing upward.
- Focus the eyes on the ceiling. Hold this posture throughout the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Squeeze the hips together and slowly lift them off the floor pushing toward the ceiling.
- It should take 2 seconds to lift the hips.
- Hold in the lifted position for 2 seconds.
- Take 4 seconds to lower the hips down to the floor. Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Maintain perfect form throughout.
- Do not arch the low back.
- Be careful to keep the knees aligned.
Challenge Yourself Further:
- To challenge yourself even further, place the bands around the top of both thighs.
- Sit on a stability ball and roll down until the ball is positioned under the upper back, shoulders, and head.
- Keeping the tummy pulled in and the hips squeezed together, slowly perform the bridges as described previously.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.