What is it and benefits?
- The Floor Bridge is a beginner exercise that targets the muscles of the CORE, hips, and legs.
Who should perform it?
- This exercise may be performed by healthy exercisers who can sufficiently hold the tummy in and stabilize the CORE.
- They should also have good flexibility in the ankles, knees, and hips.
- Lie flat on the back and bend the knees. The feet should be flat on the floor, with about two fists distance between them. The toes should be pointing straight ahead.
- The arms should lie straight along either side of the body with the palms facing upward.
- Draw in the tummy bringing the bellybutton towards the spine. Squeeze the hips together. Hold this posture throughout the movement.
How to Do the Exercise
- Slowly lift the hips off the floor until the back is straight. Do not overextend.
- Hold briefly and then slowly lower the hips back to the starting position.
- Allow brief pauses between each repetition. Maintain form and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Maintain form throughout each phase of movement.
- Keep the shoulders pressed to the floor.
- If cramping occurs in the back of the thighs, reposition the pelvis and/or stretch the thigh muscles.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.