Straight leg glute bridge
- Lie flat on the back and bend the knees. The feet should be flat on the floor, with about two fists distance between them. The toes should be pointing straight ahead.
- The arms should lie straight along either side of the body with the palms facing upward.
- Draw in the tummy bringing the bellybutton towards the spine. Squeeze the hips together. Hold this posture throughout the movement.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Press the knees together and extend one leg out straight.
- Slowly lift the hips off the floor until the back is straight. Do not overextend.
- Hold briefly and then slowly lower the hips back to the starting position. Allow brief pauses between each repetition.
- Perform the bridges until you’ve completed your repetitions and then continue with the opposite leg extended.
- Maintain form throughout each phase of movement.
- Keep the shoulders pressed to the floor.
- If cramping occurs in the back of the thighs, reposition the pelvis and/or stretch the thigh muscles.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.