How to Do Bridge to Overhead Press on Duel Swiss Balls
The bridge to overhead press on duel swiss balls should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the bridge to overhead press on duel swiss balls.
Beginning Bridge to Overhead Press
Locate a free spot on the floor and lie down on your back, if you have one. Bend your knees and position your feet flat on the floor beneath your knees, with your hands at your sides.
Bridge to Overhead Press Movement
1. Place two stability balls of equal size next to each other, approximately shoulder-width apart.
2. Carefully position yourself on the stability balls such that you are lying back with your upper arms supported on the stability balls. Your elbows will be bent at 90 degrees.
3. Your torso, thighs, and head will be parallel to the ground, with your knees bent at 90 degrees. Plant your feet on the ground and keep them shoulder-width apart.
4. Keep your core and leg muscles tensed to help you maintain your balance and body alignment.
5. Press your arms up overhead, as if you are performing a shoulder press. The stability balls will roll backward as you press up. They will roll back as you bring your arms back to the start position. Repeat for the required number of reps.
6. Remember not to let your hips drop during the exercise; they should be aligned with your shoulders and knees at all times. The movement should be only in your shoulders and arms. The rest of your body should be still.
Bridge to Overhead Press Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This is a very advanced and challenging exercise, and should not be attempted by beginners. If at all possible, have a training partner spot you during this exercise.
This exercise will challenge your core and leg muscles as they work continually to keep you stable while you perform the overhead press on two stability balls of equal size. Your shoulders will also be activated.
How To Do Bridge Overhead Press, Double Exercise Ball Bridge, Swiss Ball Bridge, Advanced Exercise Ball Bridge