Kneeling cable crunch
What is it and benefits?
- The Kneeling Weighted Crunches on a Freemotion or cable machine are a beginner strength exercise for all of the CORE.
Who should perform it?
- This exercise may be performed by any beginner exerciser who has no physical limitations.
- Kneel down in front of the machine.
- Take the hand straps in both hands. Keep the arms close to the body.
- Suck in the tummy by drawing the bellybutton in toward the spine.
- Squeeze the hips together. Hold this posture throughout the exercise.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Slowly curl the spine forward so that the chest draws near the pelvis.
- Bend forward as far as possible comfortably.
- Bring yourself back to the starting position, rest, and then continue until you’ve completed all repetitions.
- Concentrate all movement in the core muscles.
- Keep the arms, neck, and shoulders stable. Check body alignment in between each repetition.
- To increase the intensity of this exercise, try upping the amount of repetitions and/or amount of weight lifted.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.