Spiderman cable pulls
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise and good stability throughout the belly.
- Begin with a thorough warm up before starting this exercise. This engages the sensory system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves a standing pull down towards the side with a side hop.
- Ensure that the cable machine is built for lateral (sideways) motion. If unsure, DO NOT attempt this movement.
- The cable machine must be equipped with two cable arms and be placed in the “up” position.
- You will start by facing the machine, off to one side (as shown).
- Perform a sideways pull down motion (for description see “lateral pull down” in the exercise library).
- As the arms reach full extension, hop to the side (as shown).
- Perform another lateral pull down and continue the process side to side.
- It is important that you watch the video so that you can see the dynamic nature of this exercise.
- If you notice rounding of the shoulders, loss of balance when landing, an inability to control movement, or if you express pain at ANY point, avoid the exercise.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.