Carioca drill (banded or cable)
- Perform this exercise in the gym.
- This is an agility exercise, with some resistance added to help you strengthen your leg muscles at the same time. You’ll be working your inner and outer thighs, as well as your hamstrings and glutes.
How to Do the Exercise:
- This exercise requires you to move sideways. Adjust the cable so that it is in line with your waist. Hold the handle in one hand, and stand with the cable tower off to your left. Have your feet about hip-width apart, knees slightly bent. Bring the handle up and hold it firmly in both hands in front of your chest. Make sure that your head is in line with your shoulders, hips, and knees. Keep your core muscles engaged to help maintain your posture.
- Step out with your right leg and swing your left leg to the front so that it crosses over your right leg. Your hip can turn slightly as you swing your leg. As you step down with your left leg across your right, shift all your weight to the left leg, and step your right leg out to the side.
- Now swing your left leg to the back so that it crosses behind the right leg. Your hip can turn slightly as you swing your leg. As you step down with your left leg crossing behind your right, shift all your weight to the left leg, and step your right leg out to the side. Repeat, and alternate crossing to the front and crossing to the back for five to eight repetitions before switching directions and moving back toward the cable tower.
- You’ll find that your hips are swiveling from left to right. This is fine, as long as you ensure that your head and hips remain aligned.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.