Single arm cable fly with rotation
- This exercise will facilitate the use of full body strength while also working the chest muscles.
- Improves both core and upper body strength.
- Full core strength, this is an advanced exercise that shouldn’t be attempted until your core muscles have been developed enough to handle the muscular requirements of this movement.
- You should be able to completely perform a cable crossover with ease before attempting this exercise movement.
- Stand tall and maintain proper form and posture throughout this exercise.
- Tighten abdominal muscles prior to starting this exercise movement.
- Do not attempt this movement until you have properly warmed up.
How to Do:
- Begin in a standing position with the cable set at shoulder height, grab the handle in one hand.
- Take a step by walking away from the machine so that the weight is lifted up from the weight stack.
- Simultaneously perform a side step and chest fly, make sure that elbow is only slightly bent.
- Your pelvis and shoulders to rotate towards the leg that has stepped out.
- As you step back bring your hand and body back to your original starting position.
- Select a weight that you’re comfortable with, you should be able to perform this movement fluidly, yet still have tension from the weight.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.