Dumbbell bench press with alternating arms
- Sit on bench with two dumbbells.
- Position your feet pointed forward and slowly lie on bench with neutral posture.
- Position dumbbells perpendicular to ceiling (straight up).
How to Do:
- Brace the spine by drawing your belly button towards the spine and squeezing the buttocks. Pelvis should remain stable throughout the entire exercise.
- Starting with both arms extended straight up; perform movement in alternating fashion, with one arm at a time.
- When one arm has lowered and returned to the straight up position, commence movement with the other arm.
- Slowly lower the weight, maintaining the wrist position over the elbows.
- Move only as far as you can while maintaining balance and core stability.
- Perform repetitions SLOWLY to enhance stabilization strength.
- It is important NOT to let your back arch at any time during the movement.
- Keep feet pointed forward.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.