Assisted seated chest stretch (contract-relax)
- Sit on a bench or chair.
- Be certain the core is engaged.
- Place hands as pictured, maintaining neutral spine.
- Partner should place hands on your elbows as pictured.
How to Do:
- Gently pull elbows back until first resistance barrier is felt.
- Perform a small contraction of the chest muscles essentially pushing the elbows forward.
- Hold at first resistance barrier for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Statically contract for 5 to 7 seconds and then relax and move into newly acquired range of motion.
- Repeat for 2 to 3 reps.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.