How to Do Dumbbell Stability Ball Chest Press Using Single Arm
Each exercise should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
The ability to form a bridge across off of the stability ball.
Beginning Chest Press Stability Ball
Position your head and shoulders on to the ball, your chin should be pointing upward towards ceiling.
Place feet shoulder width apart.
Tighten glutes and abdominal muscles to form a bridge position, maintain bridge throughout the entire exercise.
Chest Press Stability Ball Movement
1. Begin with one dumbbell extended above the chest in one arm.
2. Lower dumbbell until the elbow is pressed against the stability ball and the shoulder is lined up with your elbow.
3. Repeat movement by pressing dumbbell back into the starting position and duplicate for desired reps.
4. Breathe naturally when completing this movement. Many individuals like to inhale when lowering and breathe out when raising the weight.
5. Maintain a slow and controlled movement to prevent any twisting of your core.
6. Switch dumbbell to other arm and repeat set so that exercise is performed on both sides.
Chest Press Stability Ball Benefits
This exercise improves core strength.
Increases interdependent muscular system stabilization.
Improves balance and coordination.
Stability Ball Press, Dumbbell Press, One Arm Dumbbell Press, How To Do a Stability Ball Press