Squat bicep curl with dumbbells
- Improves strength/definition in quadriceps/front of the upper thigh.
- Improves strength/definition in hamstrings/back of the upper thigh.
- Improves strength/definition in bicep/front of upper arm.
- Improves rotator cuff/shoulder strength/stability.
- Improves coordination between upper and lower body.
- Must have good lower back strength
- Must have good coordination between upper and lower body.
- Must not have excessive “forward rounding” of the shoulders.
- Should be able to perform classic squat with good posture.
- Should be able to perform classic bicep curl with good posture.
- Stand straight with chest up, shoulders back, feet shoulder width apart, adequate floor space, and dumbbells in hands (palms facing out).
How to Do:
- Breathing in, squat down while simultaneously lowering arms into the bottom of a bicep curl.
- Pause and hold the squatting position for three breaths.
- Breathing out, stand back up while curling dumbbells up to chest level.
- As you become accustomed to the movement, continue to increase range of motion.
- Standing up faster will transfer momentum into (and assist) bicep curl.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.