Core push up board with running motion
- Maintain a tall posture throughout the exercise and good stability throughout the abdomen by drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- Begin with begin with a thorough dynamic warm up before starting this exercise; this engages the sensory system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves holding a straight arm plank (pushup position) on a Core Board while performing alternating hip flexion.
- Start in a straight arm plank (push up) position on the core board as shown.
- With a straight body line, step in towards the Core Board with one foot.
- The hips, knees, and feet should all line up as shown.
- Simultaneously switch the position of your feet (the forward leg extends back and the extended leg comes forward).
- Continue this footwork pattern for the desired amount of reps or time.
- Pay close attention to the video link to observe the dynamics of this movement.
Other Notes: TRAINERS: if you notice: excessive motion at the lumbar segments, a rounding forward of the shoulders, or external rotation at the hip joint these are indications of tightness and weakness. Regress the exercise until the weaknesses are addressed.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.