How to Do Core Board Medicine Ball Twist With Toss
The core board medicine ball twisted with a toss should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the core board medicine ball by twisting with a toss.
Beginning Core Board Medicine Ball Twist
1. Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor (easier) or lifted off the floor (more difficult) (more difficult). Try tucking your feet beneath a stable item if you're having trouble maintaining the position.
2. Sit at a 45-degree angle and contract your abs.
3. With both hands, hold the medicine ball directly in front of you.
4. Twist slowly from your torso to the right, touching the medicine ball to the floor beside you, while contracting your abs. Take a moment to hold the position.
5. Contract your abs and spin your torso back to the center position quickly but smoothly, then touch the medicine ball on the floor on the other side of you.
6. Continue until you've completed the appropriate amount of reps.
7. Finally, sit up by bringing the ball in front of your body. Place the ball on the ground with care, avoiding excessive twisting.
Core Board Medicine Ball Twist Movement
1. Start off by standing up tall on a core board. Feet should be facing straight away, legs shoulder width apart, back straight, and head in a neutral position looking straight ahead.
2. Holding a medicine ball in the middle of your body with both arms at 90 degree angles, you are going to twist with your hips and throw the ball against the wall. Make sure you throw it hard enough where you can catch it.
3. Also, adjust how far the core board is from the wall to make it easier or more difficult.
4. After the balls get released keep your hands there to catch them. Once you catch it, bring it back to the starting position and repeat for repetitions.
5. After completion, face the opposite way to work the other side.
Core Board Medicine Ball Twist Benefits
Medicine balls are an excellent tool for developing upper- and lower-body strength. You can generate maximal force and velocity in the movement if you can throw the weight. More difficult rotational maneuvers are also made easier with medicine balls.
Exercises With Medicine Ball, Medicine Ball Workouts.