Bear crawl in sync
- Maintain good posture with shoulder blades back and down. Keep the belly tight by drawing the belly button towards the spine.
- The feet should be set approx. shoulder width apart with a slight ‘toed out’ position as well as adequate hip external rotation (as shown).
How to Do:
- Begin with your hands underneath your shoulders, the balls of the feet under the hips, knee to the side, and your visual gaze towards the horizon.
- Simultaneously take the left hand and foot forward in a walking motion (as shown).
- Transfer the weight onto these two extremities and switch sides (right hand and foot walk forward).
- Repeat walking motion for a given distance.
- Ensure that the shoulder complex and hip complex stay at the same horizontal level … pushing up the hip will only serve to over stress the cervical spine and shoulder complex.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.