Dumbbell side lunge
- Stand in proper alignment with hands on hips.
- Place feet facing forward and shoulder width apart.
How to Do:
- From optimal postural alignment, draw your belly button in towards your spine.
- Hold dumbbells in both hands.
- While maintaining optimal spinal alignment, step sideways and descend slowly by bending at the hips, knees and ankles.
- Your pelvis should stay square to the front as your torso stays erect.
- During the descent maintain weight distribution between the heels and mid-foot.
- Do not allow the feet to cave inward or shift outward.
- The knees should track between the first and second toes.
- Perform downward reps slowly and concentrate on the descent and the alignment of your body.
- Only descend down as far as you can maintain optimal alignment throughout the entire kinetic chain.
- Keep upper torso erect. (Note: Leaning forward may be a result of poor hip joint flexibility).
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.