Lying dumbbell tricep extension on ball (French press)
- Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscles in the back of your upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
- Your core and abdominal muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady on the SB.
- Choose a stability ball that will allow you to sit on it with your feet flat on the ground, and your knees bent at about ninety degrees.
- With a relatively light dumbbell in each hand, slowly lie back on the stability ball, and inch your feet forward until your head and shoulders are comfortably resting on the stability ball.
- You should position yourself with your knees at a 90-degree angle and your feet planted on the ground. Your hips should be off the ball and aligned with the torso and knees. Your torso should be parallel to the ground.
- Tighten up your abdominals and activate your hamstrings and glutes to support your back and spine, and to keep your hips in place. Pull your shoulder blades back and down, and raise your arms so that they extend in a straight line away from your torso and parallel to the ground. Your elbows should be fully extended, and the DBs should be directly over your shoulders.
How to Do:
- Bend your elbows to slowly lower the dumbbells toward your forehead. Pause when the dumbbells are approximately next to your ears, then extend your elbows to raise the dumbbells to the original start position.
- Continue until you have completed all repetitions. Make sure that you keep your upper arms still and your elbows directly over the shoulders throughout the exercise. Your shoulders should not “flare” out to the sides. Make sure also that you don’t drop your hips at any time during the exercise.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.