Single leg dumbbell deadlift
- Stand tall, move the shoulders back, and draw the belly button towards the spine while squeezing the buttocks.
- It is important that the hip, knee, and toes are in line.
- Keep the belly tight by drawing the belly button towards the spine throughout dead lift-watch for compensation.
How to Do:
- Stand on one leg.
- Draw your belly button towards the spine and squeeze the buttocks. Pelvis should remain stable throughout the entire exercise.
- Start with both arms extended straight up; perform movement in alternating fashion, with one arm at a time.
- When one arm has lowered and then returned to the straight up position, commence movement with the other arm.
- Slowly lower the weight, maintaining the wrist position over the elbows.
- Move only as far as you can while maintaining balance and core stability.
- Perform repetitions SLOWLY to enhance stabilization strength.
- It is important NOT to let your back arch at any time during the movement.
- Keep feet pointed forward.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.