Barbell suitcase deadlift row
- This exercise can be done at home or in the gym.
- This efficient exercise allows you to work muscles in both your upper and lower body at the same time. The deadlift help build strength and power in your lower back and legs, and the row will target the back muscles.
How to Do the Exercise:
- Choose a relatively light barbell. Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart, and hold the barbell in one hand, with your arm full extended and hanging by your side. Your hand should be right in the center of the bar so that you’ll be able to balance the weight. Allow the barbell to rest against your outer thigh.
- Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips and knees are in line. Making sure that your back remains straight, bend your knees slightly and hinge forward from your hips so that your back is about 45 degrees to the floor. Allow the arm holding the barbell to hang down directly from your shoulders.
- Hold your torso still and drive the elbow to bring the barbell to the side of your chest. Make sure that your elbows don’t flare out. Pause for a moment then slowly lower the barbell until the arm is hanging down from your shoulder. Make sure that your back doesn’t arch or round at any point during the lifting or lowering phase.
- Straighten up to a standing position by pushing the hips forward and bring the barbell to rest against your outer thigh. Repeat for the required number of repetitions, then switch sides.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.