How to Do Barbell Deadlift to Calf Raise and Shrug
The barbell deadlift to calf raise and shrug should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the barbell deadlift to calf raise and shrug.
Beginning Deadlift Calf Raise and Shrug
1. Bending at the waist, grab the barbell with a grip that is slightly wider than shoulder width.
2. Lift the barbell until you are standing upright, contracting your glutes.
3. As you shrug your shoulders towards your ears, lower and contract your shoulder blades. Hold the shrug and elevate your calf.
Deadlift Calf Raise and Shrug Movement
1. Stand directly in front of the barbell with your feet about shoulder width apart.
2. Tighten up your core muscles, and sink down into a squat and take an overhand grip with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Make sure that your back is flat, and your chest is up. Keep your gaze forward.
3. Explosively push out of the squat, deadlifting the barbell by dragging it up past your shins and thighs until your body is fully erect. Your arms should be fully extended, with the barbell resting against your thighs. Immediately rise up onto your toes into a calf raise, and bring your shoulders up to your ears in a shrug.
4. Allow your shoulders and heels to drop so that you are back in a standing position, before dropping back into a squat with the barbell on or close to the ground, take a brief respite here if needed before continuing with the rest of the repetitions. The repetitions should be done in a smooth continuous flow.
5. Ensure that your back doesn't arch or round at any time during the exercise.
Deadlift Calf Raise and Shrug Benefits
Perform this exercise at home or in the gym.
This power exercise works the entire body, but especially the legs, lower back, upper back, shoulders, and neck.
This exercise should be done quickly and explosively. The vigorous and compound nature of the exercise means that it will also burn calories and enhance aerobic fitness.
How To Do Barbell Deadlifts, Deadlift Exercises, Deadlift Shrug, Calf Raises.