How to Do Dumbbell Single Arm Deadlift Curl
Each exercise should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this exercise.
Deadlift Curl Movement
1. Stand directly in front of the dumbbell with your feet about shoulder width apart.
2. Tighten up your core muscles, and sink down into a squat and take an underhand grip (i.e. with your palms facing upward with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Make sure that your back is flat, and your chest is up. Keep your gaze forward.
3. Explosively push out of the squat and push your hips forward, deadlifting the dumbbell by dragging it up past your shins and thighs until your body is fully erect. Straighten up and make sure that your head, neck, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles are all aligned. Tighten your core muscles. This is the start position.
4. Fold forward at the hips, and sit back into a squat, and slowly lower the dumbbell down your thighs and down your shins, putting it on the ground lightly. Explosively push your hips forward and straighten up, dragging it up to your thighs.
5. Pull your shoulders back and down and curl the dumbbell up to your shoulder by bending your elbow. Make sure that your upper arm remains tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbow should not move forward or back, and should not flare out. Only your forearm should be moving.
6. Lower the dumbbell by straightening the elbow and returning to the start position. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
7. Ensure that your back doesn’t arch or round at any time during the exercise.
Deadlift Curl Benefits
This exercise can be done at home or in the gym.
This efficient exercise allows you to work muscles in both your upper and lower body at the same time. The deadlift helps build strength and power in your lower back and legs, and the biceps curls will target the muscles in the front of your upper arm.
How To Do Deadlift Bicep Curls, Dumbbell Deadlift Curls, Biceps Curl, Dumbbell Curls