Seated leg extension
- This exercise strengthens/defines the quadriceps/top of thigh.
- Reinforces the knee joint.
- No excessive tension in abdominals, hip flexors, and/or quadriceps.
- Perform a proper warm-up for the thigh, i.e. light squats, stairclimbing.
- Sit straight up in the chair with your shoulders back and your chest open.
How to Do the Movement:
- With ankles in proper alignment, slowly extend your knee, squeezing/holding your thighs for 1 second when the knee is straight.
- Slowly lower the weight back to starting position.
- When beginning this exercise, use lighter weights and work your way up as your abilities increase.
- Use the handles on the sides of the chair to keep your butt from leaving the seat.
- Once again, a reminder to keep your shoulders back, chest up, and butt down in the chair while extending.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.