Dumbbell bench press (chest press)
- Sit on bench with two dumbbells.
- Position your feet pointing forward, and slowly lie on bench with neutral posture.
- Position dumbbells perpendicular to ceiling or straight up. (See image).
How to Do:
- Brace the spine by drawing your belly button towards the spine and squeezing the buttocks. Pelvis should remain stable throughout the entire exercise.
- Slowly lower the weight, maintaining the wrist position over the elbows.
- Only move as far as you can maintain balance and core (back, belly, hips, and buttocks) stability.
- Perform repetitions SLOWLY to enhance stabilization strength.
- It is important NOT to let your back arch at any time during the movement.
- Keep feet pointing forward.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.