Dumbbell power clean
- Total body strength/power production. The power and strength developed here are relative to the POSITION and ROM available in this movement pattern.
- The client must demonstrate adequate posture/functional flexibility at the shoulder girdle (to avoid impingement and injury), as well as the hip and ankle to ensure minimal compensation throughout the kinetic chain.
- The client must be properly progressed from STABILITY->STRENGTH->and finally to POWER in a logical scientifically based fashion before considering an advanced exercise such as this.
How to Do:
- Stand shoulder width apart, in a half squat, in neutral spine.
- Grasp one dumbbell in each hand (or single dumbbell in one hand for one arm version) in front of the knees.
- Rapidly lift the dumbbell(s) up to shoulder level and bend the knees to assume a semi-squat position.
- Squeeze glutes, come to a straightened position with the dumbbell(s) resting on chest.
- Carefully lower to floor.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.