- Stand tall, retract scapulas and draw in navel towards spine whilst squeezing glutes.
- Important that the hip, knee and toes are tracking in line.
- Core must remain activated throughout deadlift-watch forcompensation in your client. Don't let misalignment of legs or flexionof the lower lumbar occur.
How to Do:
- Keep arms staight at all times.
- Lower the weights down as deep as neutral spine angles can be maintained.
- Maintain good posture throughout the exercise with shoulder blades retracted and depressed.
- Ensure no compensations of the knee ankle or hip.
- Return to the starting position, pushing throughthe glutes (to keep pressure off the lower back) and keeping thehead & chest up, this will ensure that pressure is not placedsolely on the lower back.
- Breathing in on the way down & breathing out on the way up
- Dont rush through the exercise.
- Keep transverse activated at all times.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.