Dumbbell skier swing rotational
- Maintain good posture (ensure the visual gaze is straight ahead) and good stability through the abdominal complex.
- Initiate a thorough dynamic warm up prior to starting this exercise. This engages the nervous system.
How to Do:
- This exercise involves a jump step in the transverse plane with a weight arm cross-country hand movement
- Start by performing a jump shuffle step in the transverse plane (as shown)
- With light dumbbells in each hand (3-5 lbs is recommended),alternate hand swings to the opposite leg (in other words as the leftleg rotates and comes forward - the right hand comes forward etc.)
- Continue exercise in a rhythmical fashion
- Perform the desired number of reps but NOTE that this exercisecauses a lot of fatigue (you may choose a lower rep range to begin)
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.