How to Do Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise Combo on Ball
The Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise Combo on Ball should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise Combo on the Ball.
Beginning Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises
1. Assume a hip-width stance and hold dumbbells in each hand.
2. Flex your knees and hips until your torso is parallel to the floor (or just above).
3. Hang your arms down, slightly bent at the elbows.
4. Dumbbells should be held close together (but not touching) with palms facing in.
Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises Movement
1. Maintain a neutral spine and a straight back.
2. Keep your head mostly down, but look ahead (don't strain your neck to look up).
3. Abduct shoulders transversely to lift arms up and out until upper arms are parallel to the floor.
4. Squeeze the back delts and upper back with a pause at the top.
5. Return to the starting position by slowly lowering the arms.
6. Repeat the motion as many times as necessary.
7. Because this exercise is best done in a moderate to high rep range, I recommend staying between 8-15 reps.
Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises Benefits
The rear lateral raise isolates the deltoid in your back. This muscle is targeted to help strengthen, tone, and stabilize your shoulders and upper body. Deltoids that are strong aid in pressing, pulling, and overhead movements. This makes it easier to complete athletic and daily activities while also lowering your risk of injury.