How to Do Swiss Ball Elbow Plank to Overhead Press
The swiss ball elbow plank to overhead press should begin with a good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the swiss ball elbow plank to overhead press.
Beginning Elbow Plank to Overhead Press
1. Place your head, neck, and right shoulder on a bench and support them.
2. Firmly plant your feet on the ground.
3. Your left shoulder should be slightly off the bench at this point.
4. In your left hand, hold a dumbbell close to your chest.
5. Straighten your arm above the center of your chest.
6. After a little pause, carefully drop your hand back to the beginning position.
7. Then repeat on the other side.
8. Perform 2 to 5 sets of 4 to 12 reps.
Elbow Plank to Overhead Press Movement
1. This movement is parent to Planks - Plank - Stability Ball with Overhead Press, Alt Arms.
2. The difference is that you won't be alternating arms to perform the exercise.
3. Instead use both forearms to roll your body backwards, and then forwards.
Elbow Plank to Overhead Press Benefits
One of the best core workouts is planks.
Planks will help you stand taller.
Back discomfort can be relieved by doing planks.
Planks - Plank - Stability Ball with Overhead Press, Alt Arms.