Standing medicine ball trunk flexion and extension
- Integrated total body strength production.
- Improved total body neuromuscular efficientcy.
- Adequate total body flexibility will be required, specifically in the shuolder extensors (i.e. lats), to ensure minimal compensation at the low back during the upward phase of the exercise.
- Grasp a med-ball with both hands and keep elbows slightly bent.
- Assume a squat position.
How to Do:
- Draw your belly button inward toward your spine.
- From the squat position, squeeze glutes to start extending at the ankle, knee, hip and spine.
- Flex shoulders overhead as far as can maintain neutral spine.
- Lower to starting position, repeat as required.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.