How to Do Standing Ez Bar Curl
The standing ez bar curl should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop the standing ez bar curl.
Beginning Ez Bar Curl
1. Begin exercise with a nice neutral spine and ears over the shoulders.
2. Shoulders are relaxed and down with abs pulled in.
4. Elbows remain in a fixed position and they do not move away from the body.
4. Wrists remain neutral during the lift.
Ez Bar Curl Movement
1. Barbell is lifted in a smooth motion to the upper chest and a smooth motion back down.
2. If the chin pokes forward or the spine curves during this exercise, the barbell may be too heavy and you should reduce the amount of weight.
Ez Bar Curl Benefits
It helps to isolate the biceps while keeping your wrists in the strongest position and holding the bar in a joint-friendly grip.
NOTE: To add an advanced move to this exercise, bend one leg up at the knee as you lift the barbell. Beware of the knees moving out of position during this exercise. Maintain a steady posture as you lift each rep with one leg bent.