Dumbbell front side lunge combo
- Quadricep strengthening.
- Quadricep definition.
- Hamstring strengthening.
- Hamstring definition.
- Hip stabilization.
- Improved balance.
- Improved coordination between lower body muscle groups.
- Should be able to perform a classic forward lunge and a separate classic lateral lunge with good balance/posture.
- No excessive tension in hip flexors or calves.
- Start in a standing position with chest up, and lower back tight.
- Make sure you have enough floor space around you.
How to Do:
- Tense up your core, and align posture.
- Step/Lunge forward.
- Although foot steps forward, hips/pelvis remain straight.
- During lunge, breathe in and lower your body with control, keeping pressure distributed evenly between both feet (don’t put all the pressure on the front foot only).
- Be aware of your feet: make sure they don’t cave in or shift out.
- Breathe out and quickly stand back up to original position.
- Step/lunge laterally breathing in while dropping down.
- Keep pelvis level and lower back straight while lunging laterally.
- Breathe out and stand back up to the center, repeat.
2021 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.