Diagonal lunge with dumbbell
- Improved coordination between lower body muscle groups.
- Should be able to perform a classic forward lunge with good balance.
- Start in a standing position with chest up, and lower back tight.
- Make sure you have enough floor space around you.
How to Do:
- Tense up your core, and align posture.
- Step/Lunge forward 45 degrees off center.
- Although foot steps off center, hips/pelvis remain straight.
- During lunge, breathe in and lower your body with control, keeping pressure distributed evenly between both feet (don’t put all the pressure on the front foot only).
- Be aware of your feet: make sure they don’t cave in or shift out.
- Breathe out and quickly stand back up to original position.
2020 © Changing Shape - All rights reserved.