How to Do
How to Do Alternating Cable Tricep Extension With Freemotion Standing
Each alternating cable tricep extension with freemotion standing should begin with good posture to avoid injury. Brace the spine by drawing your lower abdomen inward. Your core muscles should be activated to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
If any pain is experienced, immediately stop this alternating cable tricep extension with freemotion standing.
Beginning Freemotion Tricep Extension
1. With a handle in each hand, stand in front of the Free Motion machine with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
2. Draw up your spine and make sure that your head, shoulders, hips, and knees are in line. You should be standing far back enough from the machine that you'll feel tension on the cables.
Freemotion Tricep Extension Movement
1. Keeping your upper arms tight against your torso, allow your forearms to come up so that your elbows are bent at 90 degrees. Your grip should face your body with your forearms in a straight line parallel to the ground. This is the start position.
2. Pull your shoulder blades back and down and tighten your abdominals to help keep your body in alignment, then extend one elbow until your arm is fully straightened next to your torso. Return your arm to its original position and then switch sides. Repeat for the required number of repetitions.
3. Make sure that your upper arms remain tight and next to the torso throughout the exercise. Your elbows should not move forward or back, and should not flare out. Only your forearms should be moving.
4. Be careful not to rock forward or backward or side to side. If you find yourself doing this, the weight is too heavy, and you should reduce the resistance.
Freemotion Tricep Extension Benefits
You can perform this exercise in the gym.
This exercise will build strength in your triceps, the muscle in the upper arm, giving you shape and definition.
Your core muscles will also be activated to hold your body steady and to support your posture as you perform the exercise.
FreeMotion Machine Exercise, How To Do Arm Extension with a Cable Machine, Triceps Extensions, Tricep Exercises